Wednesday, June 27, 2018

It has been a year and three months since I posted to this blog.  Blogging is so last decade!  But I find the terse style of Facebook, with it's focus on memes and images and strange interactions to be largely unsatisfying.  I like things which are composed and thought through.

That said, this entry is going to be far from thought through. 

This is just a moment in time, maybe good Facebook fodder, but it will be too long.

A stream of consciousness meandering down a mountainside.

I am in a space in the year that is both difficult and joyous.  My birthday is near, the anniversary of my marriage just passed a few days ago, and the anniversary of DeDe leaving this plane of existence is on the horizon.

I just finished a final draft of a novel I have been working on since the 1980s.  I have passed this along to be edited, and am just enjoying the act of not writing for a few days.

Celebrating it by writing a blog.  Okay, there's a message in there, somewhere.

I have been working on a project since not long before DeDe passed in 2014.  It was the inspiration for the title of this blog.

So maybe that's what drove me here today.

Life changes, past and present.  Pursuit of creative writing.  Placing things into perspective.  Moving forward, looking backward.

Rambling on in the void of an ancient place called Blogland.

Happy Humpday from Silicon Valley.

2 comments:

  1. I miss blogging, but I have nothing to say anymore. How wonderful you've finished a novel - congratulations! <3

    ReplyDelete