Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sunrise and Sunset

It may come as a surprise to most of you, but I tend to like a good sunrise.



And a good sunset.



Big surprise, right?

Lucky for me, the average life is blessed with about 25,000 sunrises, and almost exactly the same number of sunsets.  As long as I can remember, I have been fascinated by the change-of-the-guard from day to night and vice-versa.  I have a fond memory from when I was around five years old, being the only person in the house who was up, standing at the large front window to a house we lived in only briefly, and watching the sun emerge in the distance.

I've mused on it in verse and in prose, I've expended more film on it than I care to consider, and now over half of the pictures I have taken on my new camera and my phone are of it.

I suppose some could say I am descending into obsession.

So be it.

This week was great for a sunrise-sunset obsessed man such as me.  Beautiful rains masked the sunrise on Thursday, but as so often happens, it gave way to a spectacular display on Friday morning.  I spent a lot of time and a significant amount of memory card on Friday's show.

I suppose I will remain fascinated, passionate, obsessed and in love with the pivot points of each day for as many days as I remain on this earth.  And as long as people will put up with it, I'll share that obsession.

Here is a sample from Friday, September 26th's, morning offering.






I love a story with a happy ending...

No comments:

Post a Comment